Jump to Main Content
- Kuciñski, Marcin; Liszewski, Tomasz; Krzyoeków, Anna; Fopp-Bayat, Dorota; Łączyñska, Beata
- Archiwum rybactwa polskiego = 2015 v.23 no.2 pp. 91-99
- DNA fragmentation; Silurus glanis; breeding stock; farmers; freshwater aquaculture; freshwater fish; genetic techniques and protocols; genetic variation; inbreeding coefficient; microsatellite repeats; population size; spawning; spermatozoa; Poland
- ... European catfish, Silurus glanis L., is the second largest freshwater fish in Europe. The species is very popular among the farmers, as it is one of the most promising European aquaculture species. Despite the growing importance of European catfish in freshwater aquaculture, the genetic data available on this species are still limited. The main purpose of the present study was to develop a reliabl ...
- Kapusta, Andrzej; Bogacka-Kapusta, Elżbieta
- Archiwum rybactwa polskiego = 2015 v.23 no.2 pp. 121-129
- Carassius auratus; Carassius gibelio; Cyprinus carpio; Pseudorasbora parva; aquaculture; aquatic ecosystems; electric power; farming systems; fish; fisheries; introduced species; invasive species; lakes; power plants; Poland
- ... This paper discusses the problem of the occurrence of non-native fish species in a strongly transformed aquatic ecosystem. The changes in this ecosystem are caused by warm water discharges from two electric power plants. Twelve non-native fish species are confirmed to occur in the system of five heated lakes located in central Poland. In total, 30% of the total number of non-native species confirm ...