Jump to Main Content
- Novais, Ademária M.; Dias, Glenda; Lino-Neto, José
- Arthropod structure & development 2017 v.46 no.4 pp. 635-643
- Belostomatidae; Nepidae; Notonectidae; acrosome; asymmetry; flagellum; mitochondria; snails; spermatogenesis; testes; transmission electron microscopy
- ... The testicular, spermatogenesis and sperm morphology of the backswimmer Martarega bentoi was described using light and transmission electron microscopy. In this species, a pair of testes, two deferent ducts, two different pairs of accessory glands, and an ejaculatory duct form the male reproductive system. Each testis consists of two testicular follicles, which are arranged side by side in snail s ...
- Dallai, R.; Mercati, D.; Mashimo, Y.; Machida, R.; Beutel, R.G.
- Arthropod structure & development 2017 v.46 no.4 pp. 508-517
- Golgi apparatus; Zorotypus caudelli; females; males; mitochondria; rough endoplasmic reticulum; salivary glands; transmission electron microscopy; ultrastructure
- ... The salivary glands of two species of Zoraptera, Zorotypus caudelli and Zorotypus hubbardi, were examined and documented mainly using transmission electron microscopy (TEM). The results obtained for males and females of the two species are compared and functional aspects related to ultrastructural features are discussed. The salivary glands are divided into two regions: the secretory cell region a ...