Jump to Main Content
- Salazar, Karen; Boucher, Stéphane; Serrão, José Eduardo
- Arthropod structure & development 2017 v.46 no.4 pp. 613-626
- Veturius; females; oocytes; oogenesis; ovarioles; plasma membrane; transmission electron microscopy; ultrastructure
- ... The morphoanatomy of the ovary in Veturius sinuatus (Eschscholtz) was studied by light and transmission electron microscopy. Data from the female gonad of this species provide more extended and precise knowledge regarding the organization of the ovary in Passalidae. Ovaries are composed of a pair of long telotrophic meroistic ovarioles, with some differences compared to the bauplan of this ovary t ...
- Dallai, R.; Mercati, D.; Mashimo, Y.; Machida, R.; Beutel, R.G.
- Arthropod structure & development 2017 v.46 no.4 pp. 508-517
- Golgi apparatus; Zorotypus caudelli; females; males; mitochondria; rough endoplasmic reticulum; salivary glands; transmission electron microscopy; ultrastructure
- ... The salivary glands of two species of Zoraptera, Zorotypus caudelli and Zorotypus hubbardi, were examined and documented mainly using transmission electron microscopy (TEM). The results obtained for males and females of the two species are compared and functional aspects related to ultrastructural features are discussed. The salivary glands are divided into two regions: the secretory cell region a ...