Jump to Main Content
- Dallai, R.; Mercati, D.; Mashimo, Y.; Machida, R.; Beutel, R.G.
- Arthropod structure & development 2017 v.46 no.4 pp. 508-517
- Golgi apparatus; Zorotypus caudelli; females; males; mitochondria; rough endoplasmic reticulum; salivary glands; transmission electron microscopy; ultrastructure
- ... The salivary glands of two species of Zoraptera, Zorotypus caudelli and Zorotypus hubbardi, were examined and documented mainly using transmission electron microscopy (TEM). The results obtained for males and females of the two species are compared and functional aspects related to ultrastructural features are discussed. The salivary glands are divided into two regions: the secretory cell region a ...
- Lyu, Qi-Hui; Hua, Bao-Zhen
- Arthropod structure & development 2017 v.46 no.4 pp. 627-634
- Panorpidae; epithelium; males; secretory granules; transmission electron microscopy; ultrastructure
- ... The ultrastructure of male reproductive accessory glands was investigated in the scorpionfly Sinopanorpa tincta (Navás, 1931) (Mecoptera: Panorpidae) using light and transmission electron microscopy. The male accessory glands comprise one pair of mesodermal glands (mesadenia) and six pairs of ectodermal glands (ectadenia). The former opens into the vasa deferentia and the latter into the ejaculato ...