Jump to Main Content
- Riedel, Theran P.; DeMarini, David M.; Zavala, Jose; Warren, Sarah H.; Corse, Eric W.; Offenberg, John H.; Kleindienst, Tadeusz E.; Lewandowski, Michael
- Atmospheric environment 2018 v.178 pp. 164-172
- ethylbenzene, etc ; Salmonella; aerosols; air; air pollution; alcohols; aldehydes; ammonium sulfate; atmospheric chemistry; benzene; chemical analysis; chemical species; irradiation; mutagenicity; mutagens; naphthalene; nitrogen oxides; photooxidation; toluene; volatile organic compounds; xylene; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Although many volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are regulated to limit air pollution and the consequent health effects, the photooxidation products generally are not. Thus, we examined the mutagenicity in Salmonella TA100 of photochemical atmospheres generated in a steady-state atmospheric simulation chamber by irradiating mixtures of single aromatic VOCs, NOx, and ammonium sulfate seed aerosol in ...
- Sirithian, Duanpen; Thepanondh, Sarawut; Sattler, Melanie L.; Laowagul, Wanna
- Atmospheric environment 2018 v.176 pp. 179-187
- ethylbenzene, etc ; acetaldehyde; alkanes; alkenes; atmospheric chemistry; burning; burning season; corn; emissions; emissions factor; fuel loading; fuels; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; spectrometers; volatile organic compounds; xylene; Thailand; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Emission factors for speciated volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from maize residue burning were determined in this study based on chamber experiments. Thirty-six VOC species were identified by Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometer (GC/MS). They were classified into six groups, including alkanes, alkenes, oxygenated VOCs, halogenated VOCs, aromatics and other. The emission factor for total VOCs was ...