Jump to Main Content
- Raidla, Valle; Kaup, Enn; Ivask, Jüri
- Atmospheric environment 2015 v.118 pp. 211-218
- Scandinavia, etc ; aerosols; anthropogenic activities; atmospheric chemistry; calcium; chemical composition; environmental impact; experimental design; lakes; nitrification; pH; snow; snowpack; spring; sulfates; watersheds; Finland; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Kilpisjärvi is a remote area in northwest Finland, almost without any local human impact on the environment. The design of the study was to investigate the chemical composition of local precipitation in the Kilpisjärvi region and determine the factors influencing it. To this aim, we collected 29 snow samples from the Lake Saana catchment and its surroundings in spring of 2008 and 2009. Already wit ...
- Forkel, Renate; Balzarini, Alessandra; Baró, Rocio; Bianconi, Roberto; Curci, Gabriele; Jiménez-Guerrero, Pedro; Hirtl, Marcus; Honzak, Luka; Lorenz, Christof; Im, Ulas; Pérez, Juan L.; Pirovano, Guido; San José, Roberto; Tuccella, Paolo; Werhahn, Johannes; Žabkar, Rahela
- Atmospheric environment 2015 v.115 pp. 630-645
- Scandinavia, etc ; aerosols; air quality; atmospheric chemistry; cooling; droplets; gases; meteorology; pollutants; solar radiation; statistics; summer; temperature; wet deposition; wildfires; winter; Atlantic Ocean; Northern European region; Russia; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... As a contribution to phase2 of the Air Quality Model Evaluation International Initiative (AQMEII), eight different simulations for the year 2010 were performed with WRF-Chem for the European domain. The four simulations using RADM2 gas-phase chemistry and the MADE/SORGAM aerosol module are analyzed in this paper. The simulations included different degrees of aerosol–meteorology feedback, ranging f ...