Jump to Main Content
- Plachá, Helena, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Atmospheric environment 2015 v.122 pp. 236-249
- air pollution; air quality; atmospheric chemistry; carbon; coal; combustion; emissions; heat; heavy metals; nitrogen oxides; particulates; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; relative risk; soot; sulfur dioxide; traffic; wood; Czech Republic; Germany
- ... A comprehensive air quality study has been carried out at two urban background sites in Annaberg-Buchholz (Germany) and Ústí nad Labem (Czech Republic) in the German–Czech border region between January 2012 and June 2014. Special attention was paid to quantify harmful fractions of particulate matter (PM) and ultrafine particle number concentration (UFP) from solid fuel combustion and vehicular tra ...
- Sikder, Helena Akhter, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Atmospheric environment 2012 v.54 pp. 296-307
- air; air quality; atmospheric chemistry; automobiles; carbon; carbon monoxide; cities; combustion; emissions; energy; ethane; gasoline; mixing; natural gas; nitric oxide; ozone; pollutants; propane; sulfur dioxide; volatile organic compounds; Bangladesh
- ... Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) is an inexpensive, indigenous energy resource which currently accounts for the majority of automobile and domestic energy consumption in Bangladesh. This extensive CNG usage, particularly within the capital city, Dhaka, heavily influences the atmospheric composition (and hence air quality), yet to date measurements of trace gases in regions dominated by CNG emissions a ...