Jump to Main Content
- Chakraborty, Paromita, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Atmospheric environment 2012 v.56 pp. 246-249
- atmospheric chemistry; automobiles; cities; developing countries; emissions; tires; tracer techniques; traffic; China; India; Japan
- ... 2-(4-Morpholinyl) benzothiazole (24MoBT) and N-cyclohexyl-2-benzothiazolamine (NCBA), which are present in automobile tires, are impurities of the vulcanisation accelerators OBS and CBS, respectively, as defined by the Japan Industrial Standard. To assess 24MoBT and NCBA as markers to trace the usage patterns of OBS and CBS in developing countries, urban dusts were collected from five representati ...
- Chakraborty, Paromita, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Atmospheric environment 2013 v.73 pp. 16-21
- air; atmospheric chemistry; biomass; cities; combustion; energy; humans; molecular weight; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; risk; samplers; toxicity; urban areas; India
- ... A passive air sampling campaign was conducted to measure polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in Kolkata, Mumbai and Chennai, the three major cities of India. The measured total PAH concentrations ranged from 6480 to 54,800 ng sample−1, comparable to the highest levels across the globe. Three- to four-ring PAHs were the dominant components in the atmosphere. According to the spatial distributio ...