Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Guangyi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Atmospheric environment 2013 v.77 pp. 9-15
- atmospheric chemistry; cities; coal; combustion; copper; emissions; kindergarten; lead; magnetic properties; pollutants; principal component analysis; traffic; urban areas; zinc; China
- ... In the present study, magnetic measurements were combined with geochemical analysis and stable Pb isotopic ratios to reveal the distribution and origination of trace metal pollutants in kindergarten dusts from a typical urban environment of Wuhan, central China. The geoaccumulation index (Igeo) of magnetic properties was more prominent than those of individual metals. The magnetic susceptibility ( ...
- Sun, Guangyi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Atmospheric environment 2013 v.73 pp. 169-176
- atmospheric chemistry; children; cities; emissions; geographic information systems; industry; iron; kindergarten; landfills; mercury; methylmercury compounds; municipal solid waste; pollution; risk; risk assessment; steel; urban areas; China
- ... Mercury (Hg) contamination in urban area is a hot issue in environmental research. In this study, the distribution, sources and health risk of Hg in dust from 69 kindergartens in Wuhan, China, were investigated. In comparison with most other cities, the concentrations of total mercury (THg) and methylmercury (MeHg) were significantly elevated, ranging from 0.15 to 10.59 mg kg−1 and from 0.64 to 3. ...