Jump to Main Content
- Gkikas, A.; Giannaros, T.M.; Kotroni, V.; Lagouvardos, K.
- Atmospheric research 2019 v.226 pp. 152-170
- aerosols; air; air flow; air temperature; cooling; dust; mathematical models; particulates; radon; sea level; solar radiation; troposphere; weather forecasting; wind speed; Black Sea; Crete; Greece
- ... On 1st and 2nd February 2015, the central and eastern Mediterranean, as well as parts of the Black Sea, were affected by an extreme desert dust outbreak. This exceptional dust event took place under the prevalence of a strong southwesterly airflow over the region, with maximum wind speeds up to 70 (36 ms−1) and 35 knots (18 ms−1) at 700 hPa and at mean sea-level pressure, respectively. Based on MO ...
- El Kenawy, Ahmed M.; Lopez-Moreno, Juan I.; McCabe, Matthew F.; Robaa, S.M.; Domínguez-Castro, Fernando; Peña-Gallardo, Marina; Trigo, Ricardo M.; Hereher, Mohamed E.; Al-Awadhi, Talal; Vicente-Serrano, Sergio M.
- Atmospheric research 2019 v.226 pp. 219-239
- advection; air; air temperature; coasts; cold; crop production; databases; energy; least squares; monsoon season; sea level; socioeconomic factors; stakeholders; subsidence; temporal variation; troposphere; water management; wind direction; Egypt; Northern European region; Red Sea; West Asia
- ... Spatial and temporal changes of daily temperature extremes are investigated over Egypt using a standard set of 23 indices. Our analysis uses a database consisting of complete, high quality and homogenous daily maximum and minimum air temperature records at 40 stations, spanning the period from 1983 to 2015. The trends were assessed using a least squares regression model, and its significance was d ...