Jump to Main Content
- Baskaran, R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Atmospheric research 2016
- cooling; diffusivity; global positioning systems; heat; humidity; models; monsoon season; summer; temperature; topography; troposphere; turbulent flow; wind; winter; India
- ... In this study the evolution of the topographic flows and boundary layer features over a tropical hilly station Gadanki in southern India were simulated using Advanced Research WRF (ARW) mesoscale model for fair weather days during southwest monsoon (20–22 July 2011) and winter (18–20 Jan 2011). Turbulence measurements from an Ultra High Frequency (UHF) Wind Profiler, Ultra Sonic Anemometer, GPS So ...
- Baskaran, R., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Atmospheric research 2014 v.145-146 pp. 27-44
- anemometers; diffusivity; friction; global positioning systems; heat transfer; mathematical models; meteorological data; summer; wind
- ... In this study the performance of seven PBL parameterizations in the Weather Research and Forecast (WRF-ARW) mesoscale model was tested at the tropical site Kalpakkam. Meteorological observations collected during an intense observation campaign for wind field modeling called Round Robin Exercise (RRE) were used for comparison. High resolution simulations were conducted for a warm summer condition o ...