Jump to Main Content
- Guidobono, Juan S.; Cueto, Gerardo R.; Teta, Pablo; Busch, María
- Austral ecology 2019 v.44 no.1 pp. 36-48
- Athene cunicularia, etc ; Calomys; Leopardus geoffroyi; Tyto; agroecosystems; environmental factors; meteorological data; meteorological parameters; population characteristics; predation; rodents; seasonal variation; temperature; vegetation cover; Argentina; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Our aim was to assess the effect of environmental factors on short temporal abundance variations of the two most abundant native rodents of agricultural agroecosystems, Akodon azarae and Calomys laucha. We conducted a 3‐year longitudinal sampling of rodents, and recorded meteorological data such as temperature and precipitation, predation rate by Leopardus geoffroyi, Tyto furcata and Athene cunicu ...
- ARANA, MARGARITA; RUÍZ-LUNA, MARÍA LUISA; SANTA MARÍA, SERGIO; RAMIREZ, OSWALDO
- Austral ecology 2006 v.31 no.8 pp. 956-963
- Athene cunicularia, etc ; diet; Mus musculus; eagles; reproduction; arthropods; predators; foxes; vegetation cover; predation; ecosystems; small mammals; ingestion; prediction; Peru; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... In this study, we show that the house mouse (Mus musculus) is the most abundant small mammal in the National Reserve of Lachay in central Peru, and that its large population fluctuations are independent of seasonality. Also, we found that M. musculus is the main small mammal prey of burrowing owls (Athene cunicularia) in Lachay, and that owls respond functionally to mouse abundance. In addition, v ...