Jump to Main Content
- Quiggin, John C.
- Australian journal of agricultural and resource economics 1986 v.30 no.2‐3 pp. 103-117
- arid lands; property rights; salinity
- ... The term 'common property' has frequently been misapplied to situations where no property rights exist. Common property rights have provided a workable alternative to private property in many historical situations. Common property concepts and institutions can also play a major role in analysing and responding to current environmental problems. In this paper, the problem of dryland salinity is exa ...
- Parmenter, B.R.
- Australian journal of agricultural and resource economics 1986 v.30 no.2‐3 pp. 118-127
- databases; farmers; farms; manufacturing; prices; Australia
- ... A method proposed by Clements and Sjaastad for measuring the effect of manufacturing protection on farmers' incomes is shown to be theoretically unsound, to use some inappropriate assumptions and to lead to overestimation. Even if corrected, the method seems inferior to estimating directly via ORANI the change in farm incomes which would occur when protection levels change. This is because the mod ...