Jump to Main Content
- Robinson, Chris; McMahon, Pat; Gibbs, Melissa
- Australian journal of agricultural and resource economics 1981 v.25 no.3 pp. 248-265
- counseling; farmers; farmers' attitudes; surveys; uncertainty; New South Wales
- ... The Australian Government has provided adjustment assistance to the rural sector since 1970 under several schemes. The demand for assistance has been lower than expected, given the alleged size of the problem, particularly for the 'welfare' oriented provisions. The results of a survey of farmers' attitudes to the current Rural Adjustment Scheme are examined in an attempt to explain this phenomenon ...
- Bartholomaeus, M. K.; Hardaker, J. Brian
- Australian journal of agricultural and resource economics 1981 v.25 no.3 pp. 233-247
- farmers; farming systems; farms; linear programming; net farm income; ownership; risk
- ... The effectiveness of fully integrated group farming as a means of permitting farmers to achieve economies by working together and to share risk is investigated using two case‐study farms from the mid‐north region of S.A. Linear programming is used to explore the scope for economies achievable through group farming. The results show that, by joint use of resources, total net farm income can be incr ...