Jump to Main Content
- Randall, Alan
- Australian journal of agricultural and resource economics 1981 v.25 no.3 pp. 195-220
- issues and policy; property rights; welfare economics
- ... The Australian water economy is entering a mature phase characterised by inelastic supply of 'new' water and the need for expensive rehabilitation of aging projects. Thus, the policy focus will turn increasingly toward ways of restraining water demand and reallocating existing supplies. A prima facie case is made that the efficiency loss from current water pricing and allocation policy is signific ...
- Rich, M. M.
- Australian journal of agricultural and resource economics 1981 v.25 no.3 pp. 266-274
- issues and policy; market prices; wheat; world markets
- ... An empirical policy simulation analysis that was performed prior to the adoption of the revised N.Z. wheat pricing arrangements is reported. The analysis was particularly timely as it coincided with, and made an input to, discussions between the various parties attempting to derive an improved wheat pricing scheme. The implications of making N.Z. farm‐gate wheat pricing more responsive to world ma ...