Jump to Main Content
- Standen, B.J.
- Australian journal of agricultural and resource economics 1972 v.16 no.1 pp. 34-44
- farmers; farms; issues and policy
- ... Studies evaluating efficiency of resource use on farms and farmer welfare have commonly failed to specify the precise nature of problems often described in terms such as 'low‐income'. Hence superior, alternative welfare and resource use positions, of interest to the policy formulator, are inadequately specified. Additionally, criteria used in these studies have often been invalid or inappropriate. ...
- Sinden, Jack A.; Kingma, O.T.
- Australian journal of agricultural and resource economics 1972 v.16 no.1 pp. 11-21
- farm management; income; issues and policy; land tenure; leasing; livestock; opportunity costs; timber production; New South Wales
- ... In New South Wales there are one million acres of land bearing cypress pine and held under lease from the government. This land is suitable for the joint production of timber and livestock or for timber production alone. Alternatively, the timber can be harvested to provide capital for property development. Farm management plans have, however, been constrained by the land tenure policy which aims ...