Jump to Main Content
- Teng, B.; Petrie, P.R.; Smith, P.A.; Bindon, K.A.
- Australian journal of grape and wine research 2020 v.26 no.2 pp. 158-171
- Vitis vinifera; alcohols; fruits; grape must; grapes; harvest date; malolactic fermentation; molecular weight; phenolic compounds; pigments; sugars; winemaking; wines
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Regulations in some wine‐producing countries allow water addition to grape must. The research presented compared the impact of water addition to must on wine phenolics and colour relative to that of wines at the same alcohol concentration, prepared from fruit harvested earlier. METHODS AND RESULTS: Shiraz grapes were harvested at three stages; earlier harvest at 13.4 and 14.4° ...
- Carrillo, N.; Piccoli, P.; Bottini, R.; Rodríguez, J.; Berli, F.
- Australian journal of grape and wine research 2020 v.26 no.2 pp. 102-109
- Vitis vinifera; abscission; carbohydrates; flowering; fruit yield; fruits; girdling; inflorescences; leaf development; phenolic compounds; shoots; small fruits; vegetative growth; vines
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Some grapevine cultivars such as Malbec have unstable yield, due to poor fruitset or fruitlet abscission. The phenomenon is known as ‘shatter’ and this study aims to explore the potential of applying the shoot girdling technique at flowering, to direct the carbohydrate partitioning towards inflorescences and reduce shatter. METHODS AND RESULTS: Fruitful Malbec shoots were gird ...