Jump to Main Content
- Teng, B.; Petrie, P.R.; Smith, P.A.; Bindon, K.A.
- Australian journal of grape and wine research 2020 v.26 no.2 pp. 158-171
- Vitis vinifera; alcohols; fruits; grape must; grapes; harvest date; malolactic fermentation; molecular weight; phenolic compounds; pigments; sugars; winemaking; wines
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Regulations in some wine‐producing countries allow water addition to grape must. The research presented compared the impact of water addition to must on wine phenolics and colour relative to that of wines at the same alcohol concentration, prepared from fruit harvested earlier. METHODS AND RESULTS: Shiraz grapes were harvested at three stages; earlier harvest at 13.4 and 14.4° ...
- Wisdom, J.M.; Stuckey, A.W.; Considine, J.A.
- Australian journal of grape and wine research 2020 v.26 no.2 pp. 148-157
- Vitis; anthocyanins; crops; data collection; fruit maturity; fruits; industry; phenolic compounds; sample size; statistical models; sugars; trees; uncertainty; variance; vines; vineyards
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Sampling is problematic in perennial tree and vine crops because organ numbers are vast, budgets are low and maturation of fruit is asynchronous within and between individuals. Typically, the precision and the repeatability of sampling are low and methodologies used in the field vary widely within the industry. We define a combined statistical and cost model for fruit maturity ...