Jump to Main Content
- Jarvis, C.; Darbyshire, R.; Goodwin, I.; Barlow, E.W.R.; Eckard, R.
- Australian journal of grape and wine research 2019 v.25 no.1 pp. 101-108
- Vitis; climate change; cultivars; data collection; growing season; harvest date; phenology; ripening; temperature; vineyards; wine grapes; wine quality; wines; Australia
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Grapevine phenology is closely linked with growing season temperature. Rising temperature related to anthropogenic climate change has the potential to advance winegrape ripening. This study updated and validated previous research that considered changes to the timing of winegrape maturity and to the warming temperature of the growing season as well as added several new vineyar ...
- Buesa, I.; Caccavello, G.; Basile, B.; Merli, M. C.; Poni, S.; Chirivella, C.; Intrigliolo, D. S.
- Australian journal of grape and wine research 2019 v.25 no.1 pp. 70-82
- Vitis; anthocyanins; climate; climate change; color; cultivars; deficit irrigation; environmental factors; grapes; leaves; photosynthesis; red wines; ripening; small fruits; sugars; vines; water stress; Spain
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Climate change is advancing grape ripening and decoupling sugar and phenolic maturity, impacting wine typicity. The aim of this study was to test whether late leaf removal (LLR) under different watering regimes delayed harvest of two Spanish red cultivars in a semi‐arid and temperate‐warm climate. METHODS AND RESULTS: In two trials carried out in eastern Spain with the Bobal a ...