Jump to Main Content
- Moita Maçanita, A.; Santos, R.; Catarina Gomes, A.
- Australian journal of grape and wine research 2018 v.24 no.4 pp. 450-460
- grapes, etc ; Vitis vinifera; ancestry; chloroplast DNA; cultivars; genetic analysis; genetic variation; historical records; islands; microsatellite repeats; progeny; provenance; wines; Azores; Madeira Islands; Portugal; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: The history of Vitis vinifera L. cv. Verdelho has been studied, however, its geographic origin remains unknown. Although not widespread in mainland Portugal, Verdelho has gained a reputation as a Madeira wine, which has led most authors to attribute its origin to the Madeira Islands. The objective of this work was to determine the origin of Verdelho. METHODS AND RESULTS: An in ...
- Sunseri, F.; Lupini, A.; Mauceri, A.; De Lorenzis, G.; Araniti, F.; Brancadoro, L.; Dattola, A.; Gullo, G.; Zappia, R.; Mercati, F.
- Australian journal of grape and wine research 2018 v.24 no.3 pp. 345-359
- grapes, etc ; Vitis vinifera; crops; crossing; cultivars; domestication; founder effect; genetic analysis; genetic variation; germplasm; microsatellite repeats; parentage; pedigree; single nucleotide polymorphism; Italy; Mediterranean region; Middle East; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.) is one of the earliest domesticated crops, dating back 6000 years ago in the Near East before spreading into Europe. Despite the abundance of historical, archaeological and genetic records, until now secondary domestication events in European regions are not well demonstrated. Here, a genetic characterisation of grape germplasm from Calabria in So ...