Jump to Main Content
- Hayasaka, Y., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Australian journal of grape and wine research 2014 v.20 no.3 pp. 386-393
- crushing; cultivars; malolactic fermentation; phenology; phenols; pressing; smoke; taint; vineyards; wine grapes; winemaking; wines; Australia
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Exposure to smoke and uptake of taint imparting phenols in grapes and wines is a significant problem in bushfire‐prone regions of Australia and other countries. The effects of smoke exposure on taint occurrence in wines, however, can be variable. This study assessed the influence of cultivar on uptake and accumulation of smoke‐borne phenols in grapes and of subsequent processi ...
- Hayasaka, Y., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Australian journal of grape and wine research 2013 v.19 no.2 pp. 230-237
- chemical composition; color; crop yield; defoliation; fruit wines; gas chromatography; glycoconjugates; leaves; mass spectrometry; odors; phenols; rubber; sensory evaluation; smoke; taint; vegetative growth; volatile compounds; wine grapes
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: The effect of leaf removal on the accumulation of smoke‐related volatile compounds following exposure of grapevines to smoke under experimental conditions was investigated. METHODS AND RESULTS: Chardonnay grapevines were defoliated around the bunches either before or after exposure to smoke. The effect of defoliation and/or smoke treatments on crop yield and vegetative growth ...