Jump to Main Content
- Westman, ME; Malik, R; Norris, JM
- Australian veterinary journal 2019 v.97 no.3 pp. 47-55
- Feline immunodeficiency virus; Feline leukemia virus; analytical kits; antibodies; antibody detection; blood; cats; diagnostic techniques; nucleic acids; point-of-care systems; polymerase chain reaction; saliva; seroprevalence; vaccination; vaccines; veterinarians; Australia; Japan; New Zealand
- ... With the commercial release in Australia in 2004 of a vaccine against feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV; Fel‐O‐Vax FIV®), the landscape for FIV diagnostics shifted substantially. Point‐of‐care (PoC) antibody detection kits, which had been the mainstay for diagnosing FIV infection since the early 1990s, were no longer considered accurate to use in FIV‐vaccinated cats, because of the production of ...
- Steel, CM; Bond, BM; Morrice‐West, AV
- Australian veterinary journal 2019 v.97 no.3 pp. 61-67
- Standardbred; attitudes and opinions; exercise; harness; interviews; racehorses; surveys; swimming; telephones; Australia
- ... OBJECTIVES: To determine swimming training practices in Australian harness racing horses and potential targets for future research. METHODS: An online survey of Australian Standardbred trainers and telephone interviews with 20 leading trainers were conducted. Questions relating to swimming facility and protocol, perceived benefits and contraindications were included. Descriptive data analysis was ...