Jump to Main Content
- Westman, ME; Malik, R; Norris, JM
- Australian veterinary journal 2019 v.97 no.3 pp. 47-55
- Feline immunodeficiency virus; Feline leukemia virus; analytical kits; antibodies; antibody detection; blood; cats; diagnostic techniques; nucleic acids; point-of-care systems; polymerase chain reaction; saliva; seroprevalence; vaccination; vaccines; veterinarians; Australia; Japan; New Zealand
- ... With the commercial release in Australia in 2004 of a vaccine against feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV; Fel‐O‐Vax FIV®), the landscape for FIV diagnostics shifted substantially. Point‐of‐care (PoC) antibody detection kits, which had been the mainstay for diagnosing FIV infection since the early 1990s, were no longer considered accurate to use in FIV‐vaccinated cats, because of the production of ...
- Steel, CM; Devery, S; Hance, SR; Adkins, AR; Hitchens, PL
- Australian veterinary journal 2019 v.97 no.3 pp. 68-74
- Thoroughbred; case-control studies; databases; juveniles; osteochondrosis; prices; racehorses; racing performance; radiography; talus; tibia; veterinarians; weanlings; yearlings
- ... BACKGROUND: Fragmentation of the dorsal aspect of the distal talus (FDDT), at the dorsolateral articular margin of the proximal intertarsal joint (PITJ) on pre‐sale radiographs of yearling Thoroughbreds has not been previously described and data to support decisions made by veterinarians to predict future racing potential of horses with these lesions are lacking. METHODS: In this retrospective cas ...