Jump to Main Content
- Yang, W; Hosgood, G; Luobikis, K; Paul, A
- Australian veterinary journal 2018 v.96 no.10 pp. 379-384
- blood; blood sampling; confidence interval; dogs; equipment; point-of-care systems; prothrombin; thromboplastin
- ... OBJECTIVES: To determine the agreement, sensitivity, specificity and accuracy of prothrombin (PT) and activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) using the point‐of‐care analyser SCA2000™ with IDEXX Coag Dx™ cartridges against a reference laboratory (STAGO Start 4®) in canine blood. METHODS: Citrated blood samples from 47 dogs were submitted for PT and aPTT measurements. The STAGO was taken as th ...
- Mander, KA; Finnie, JW
- Australian veterinary journal 2018 v.96 no.10 pp. 371-378
- angiogenesis; blood; blood vessels; cell death; drug therapy; drugs; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; phenotype
- ... In order for a tumour to continue to grow and disseminate, it must acquire a new blood supply. Neovascularisation can be enacted by a number of different mechanisms. This dependence of tumour progression on an augmented vascular supply has been exploited by the development of anti‐angiogenic drugs, which are designed to inhibit new blood vessel formation or disrupt existing tumour‐associated vascu ...