Jump to Main Content
- Yang, W; Hosgood, G; Luobikis, K; Paul, A
- Australian veterinary journal 2018 v.96 no.10 pp. 379-384
- blood; blood sampling; confidence interval; dogs; equipment; point-of-care systems; prothrombin; thromboplastin
- ... OBJECTIVES: To determine the agreement, sensitivity, specificity and accuracy of prothrombin (PT) and activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) using the point‐of‐care analyser SCA2000™ with IDEXX Coag Dx™ cartridges against a reference laboratory (STAGO Start 4®) in canine blood. METHODS: Citrated blood samples from 47 dogs were submitted for PT and aPTT measurements. The STAGO was taken as th ...
- Collins, NM; Carrick, JB; Russell, CM; Axon, JE
- Australian veterinary journal 2018 v.96 no.10 pp. 385-389
- Thoroughbred; blood serum; case studies; confidence interval; electrolytes; foals; odds ratio; sepsis (infection); sodium
- ... OBJECTIVE: To evaluate hypernatraemia in foals presenting as medical emergencies to an intensive care unit (ICU) to determine the prevalence, clinical findings, primary diagnosis and outcome. METHODS: Retrospective case study of records from Thoroughbred foals aged less than 3 months that presented to an ICU as medical emergencies in 2002–12. Data retrieved included signalment, clinical findings, ...