Jump to Main Content
- Lion, Adrien; Esnault, Evelyne; Kut, Emmanuel; Guillory, Vanaïque; Trapp-Fragnet, Laetitia; Soubies, Sébastien M.; Chanteloup, Nathalie; Niepceron, Alisson; Guabiraba, Rodrigo; Marc, Daniel; Eterradossi, Nicolas; Trapp, Sascha; Quéré, Pascale
- Avian pathology 2019 v.48 no.2 pp. 121-134
- Eimeria tenella; Escherichia coli; Infectious bursal disease virus; Mardivirus; Protozoa; Toll-like receptor 3; agonists; bird diseases; chickens; cytokines; disease susceptibility; embryo (animal); endothelial cells; endothelium; host-pathogen relationships; immunoblotting; infectious diseases; innate immunity; interferon-alpha; interferon-gamma; mammals; models; pathogen-associated molecular patterns; pathogenesis; pathogens; quantitative polymerase chain reaction
- ... It is well established that the endothelium plays a prominent role in the pathogenesis of various infectious diseases in mammals. However, little is known about the role of endothelial cells (EC) as targets for avian pathogens and their contribution to the pathogenesis of infectious diseases in galliform birds. First, we explored the innate immune response of primary chicken aortic endothelial cel ...
- Alber, Andreas; Costa, Taiana; Chintoan-Uta, Cosmin; Bryson, Karen J.; Kaiser, Pete; Stevens, Mark P.; Vervelde, Lonneke
- Avian pathology 2019 v.48 no.2 pp. 157-167
- Escherichia coli; antibacterial properties; bacterial colonization; chickens; dose response; inbred lines; leukocytes; lungs; models; serotypes; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); spleen; tissues
- ... Avian pathogenic E. coli (APEC) cause severe respiratory and systemic disease. To address the genetic and immunological basis of resistance, inbred chicken lines were used to establish a model of differential resistance to APEC, using strain O1 of serotype O1:K1:H7. Inbred lines 7₂, 15I and C.B12 and the outbred line Novogen Brown were inoculated via the airsac with a high dose (10⁷ colony-forming ...