Jump to Main Content
- de Wit, J. J. (Sjaak); Malo, Aris; Cook, Jane K. A.
- Avian pathology 2019 v.48 no.2 pp. 135-147
- abdomen; antibody formation; antigens; egg production; hens; inactivated vaccines; kidneys; live vaccines; neutralization; neutralizing antibodies; pathogens; peritonitis; pullets; vaccination; virulence; viruses
- ... In an initial study in specified pathogen free (SPF) chickens, a heterologous virus neutralizing (VN) antibody response to IBV variants Q1, Variant 2 (Var 2), D388/QX (D388), D274 and Arkansas (DPI) was observed using a vaccination programme incorporating two different live-attenuated IBV vaccines, followed by boosting with an inactivated vaccine containing IBV Massachusetts (Mass) antigen. Theref ...
- Giotis, Efstathios S.; Skinner, Michael A.
- Avian pathology 2019 v.48 no.2 pp. 87-90
- Fowlpox virus; Reticuloendotheliosis virus; flocks; insects; mutation; pathogens; penetrance; phylogeny; poultry; risk; sequence analysis; serotypes; vaccination; viruses; wild birds
- ... Fowlpox virus is the type species of an extensive and poorly-defined group of viruses isolated from more than 200 species of birds, together comprising the avipoxvirus genus of the poxvirus family. Long known as a significant poultry pathogen, vaccines developed in the early and middle years of the twentieth century led to its effective eradication as a problem to commercial production in temperat ...