Jump to Main Content
- de Wit, J. J. (Sjaak); Malo, Aris; Cook, Jane K. A.
- Avian pathology 2019 v.48 no.2 pp. 135-147
- abdomen; antibody formation; antigens; egg production; hens; inactivated vaccines; kidneys; live vaccines; neutralization; neutralizing antibodies; pathogens; peritonitis; pullets; vaccination; virulence; viruses
- ... In an initial study in specified pathogen free (SPF) chickens, a heterologous virus neutralizing (VN) antibody response to IBV variants Q1, Variant 2 (Var 2), D388/QX (D388), D274 and Arkansas (DPI) was observed using a vaccination programme incorporating two different live-attenuated IBV vaccines, followed by boosting with an inactivated vaccine containing IBV Massachusetts (Mass) antigen. Theref ...
- Bu, Ya-wen; Yang, Hui-ming; Jin, Ji-hui; Zhao, Jing; Xue, Jia; Zhang, Guo-zhong
- Avian pathology 2019 v.48 no.2 pp. 91-97
- chickens; Newcastle disease; specific pathogen-free animals; chicken eggs; morbidity; vaccines; Avian orthoavulavirus 1; viruses; genotype; reverse genetics; vaccination; death; virulence; mortality
- ... Intensive vaccination strategies against Newcastle disease (ND) have been implemented in many countries for a long time, but ND outbreaks still occur frequently, with most isolates belonging to genotype VII of Newcastle disease virus (NDV). Many researchers have revealed that vaccines closely matched to epidemic viruses provide better protection. Therefore, using a previously established reverse g ...