Jump to Main Content
- Moharam, Ibrahim; Razik, Alaa Abd el; Sultan, Hesham; Ghezlan, Mohammed; Meseko, Clement; Franzke, Kati; Harder, Timm; Beer, Martin; Grund, Christian
- Avian pathology 2019 v.48 no.5 pp. 406-415
- Avian orthoavulavirus 1; Infectious bronchitis virus; Influenza A virus; Newcastle disease; animal viruses; birds; cell culture; diagnostic techniques; distress; farms; genes; mixed infection; mortality; pathotypes; phylogeny; poultry; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); vaccination; vaccines; viral load; virulence; virus transmission; viruses; Egypt
- ... Highly contagious Newcastle disease (ND) is associated with devastating outbreaks with highly variable clinical signs among gallinaceous birds. In this study we aimed to verify clinical ND suspicions in poultry holdings in Egypt suffering from respiratory distress and elevated mortality, comparing two groups of ND-vaccinated poultry holdings in three governorates. Besides testing for Newcastle dis ...
- Landman, W. J. M.; Germeraad, E. A.; Kense, M. J.
- Avian pathology 2019 v.48 no.2 pp. 98-110
- Influenza A virus; Mycoplasma gallisepticum; Newcastle disease; avian influenza; bacterial infections; case studies; decolorization; drugs; egg drop syndrome; egg production; egg shell; eggs; farms; flocks; hens; infectious bronchitis; intravenous injection; mortality; necropsy; nicarbazin; pathogenicity; viruses; Netherlands
- ... An outbreak of low pathogenic avian influenza (LPAI) subtype H6N1 (intravenous pathogenicity index = 0.11) infection occurred in four productive brown layer flocks on three farms in the Netherlands within a period of two months. The farms were located at a maximum distance of 4.6 km from each other. The infections were associated with egg production drops up to 74%, pale eggshells and persisting h ...