Jump to Main Content
- Samina, I.; Khinich, Y.; Peleg, B.A.
- Avian pathology 1999 v.28 no.5 pp. 495-499
- wattles, etc ; turkeys; vaccination; live vaccines; Pasteurella multocida; meningoencephalitis; arboviruses; disease prevention; subcutaneous injection; intramuscular injection; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Vaccination of turkeys via the wattle has been introduced as a novel route of vaccination using attenuated live viral turkey meningo-encephalitis (TME) and killed-in-oil bacterial (Pasteurella multocida) vaccines. The efficacy of the immunization was evaluated by the haemagglutination-inhibition test for TME and by challenge for TME and P. multocida. Immunization via the wattle route was comparabl ...
- Heidari, Mohammad; Wang, Dan; Fitzgerald, Scott D.; Sun, Shuhong
- Avian pathology 2016 v.45 no.5 pp. 582-592
- wattles, etc ; Mardivirus; Micrococcus; T-lymphocytes; cellulitis; chickens; connective tissues; dermatitis; etiological agents; histopathology; inducible nitric oxide synthase; interleukin-12; interleukin-18; interleukin-6; interleukin-8; macrophages; necrosis; neoplasms; oncogenes; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; spleen; viruses; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Marek’s disease virus (MDV), the aetiological agent of Mareks' disease (MD), is a highly cell-associated oncogenic α-herpesvirus that replicates in chicken lymphocytes and establishes a latent infection within CD4 ⁺ T cells. We investigated the possible effect of MDV infection on the exacerbation of necrotic dermatitis in the combs of MD-susceptible (7 ₂) and MD-resistant (6 ₃) chicken lines at 21 ...