Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Ze-Hua; Wang, Dong-Mei; Fan, Su-Fang; Li, Deng-Wu; Luo, Zi-Wen
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2016 v.16 no.1 pp. 495
- bioavailability, etc ; Dasiphora fruticosa subsp. fruticosa; Escherichia coli; Ginkgo biloba; alternative medicine; antioxidant activity; caffeic acid; catalase; colorimetry; diabetes; diarrhea; enzyme activity; gene expression; genes; glutathione peroxidase; herbs; hydrogen peroxide; isorhamnetin; leaf extracts; leaves; medicine; neoplasms; oxidation; peroxidase; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; superoxide dismutase; synergism; China; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Potentilla fruticosa, also called “Jinlaomei” and “Gesanghua”, is widely used as folk herbs in traditional Tibetan medicine in China to treat inflammations, wounds, certain forms of cancer, diarrhoea, diabetes and other ailments. Previous research found P. fruticosa leaf extract (C-3) combined with Ginkgo biloba extracts (EGb) showed obvious synergistic effects in a variety of oxidatio ...
- PubMed Central:
- Biel, Sara; Mesa, Maria-Dolores; de la Torre, Rafael; Espejo, Juan-Antonio; Fernández-Navarro, Jose-Ramón; Fitó, Montserrat; Sánchez-Rodriguez, Estefanía; Rosa, Carmen; Marchal, Rosa; Alche, Juan de Dios; Expósito, Manuela; Brenes, Manuel; Gandul, Beatriz; Calleja, Miguel Angel; Covas, María-Isabel
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2016 v.16 no.1 pp. 404
- bioavailability, etc ; DNA; alternative medicine; dose response; healthy diet; humans; inflammation; ingestion; lipids; nitric oxide; oxidation; phenolic compounds; randomized clinical trials; triterpene acids; virgin olive oil; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Virgin olive oil, a recognized healthy food, cannot be consumed in great quantities. We aim to assess in humans whether an optimized virgin olive oil with high phenolic content (OVOO, 429 mg/Kg) and a functional one (FOO), both rich in phenolic compounds (429 mg/Kg) and triterpenic acids (389 mg/kg), could provide health benefits additional to those supplied a by a standard virgin oliv ...
- PubMed Central: