Jump to Main Content
- Achour, Lotfi, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2018 v.18 no.1 pp. 79
- DNA; Rhaponticum; alpha-glucosidase; alternative medicine; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; beta-caryophyllene; chemical composition; diabetes mellitus; digestion; duodenum; enzyme inhibition; enzyme inhibitors; enzyme kinetics; essential oils; flowers; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; germacrene; gout; human health; hyperuricemia; hypoxanthine; lipid metabolism; lipids; methyl eugenol; obesity; oils; triacylglycerol lipase; uric acid; xanthine; xanthine oxidase
- ... BACKGROUND: α-glucosidase is a therapeutic target for diabetes mellitus (DM) and α-glucosidase inhibitors play a vital role in the treatments for the disease. Furthermore, xanthine oxidase (XO) is a key enzyme that catalyzes hypoxanthine and xanthine to uric acid which at high levels can lead to hyperuricemia which is an important cause of gout. Pancreatic lipase (PL) secreted into the duodenum pl ...
- PubMed Central:
- Achour, Lotfi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2017 v.17 no.1 pp. 248
- acetone; alternative medicine; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bioactive compounds; diabetes; free radicals; human health; hyperglycemia; inflammation; methanol; neoplasms; oxidative stress; polyphenols; seeds; solvents; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; wastes
- ... BACKGROUND: The interest in natural antioxidants, especially polyphenols, is growing more and more thanks to their positive contribution to human health. Thus, the prevention from the harmful action of oxidative stress which has been involved in many diseases such as cancer, inflammation diabetes, and cardiovascular illness. Recent research proved the bioactive compounds richness of date seeds whi ...
- PubMed Central: