Jump to Main Content
- Hu, Mingyu, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- BMC plant biology 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 208
- Gossypium hirsutum; campesterol; cell growth; cell walls; fiber cells; gene overexpression; genes; genetically modified organisms; growth and development; lint cotton; methyltransferases; ovule culture; ovules; sitosterols
- ... BACKGROUND: Cotton fiber is a single cell that arises from the epidermis of ovule. It is not only a main economic product of cotton, but an ideal material for studying on the growth and development of plant cell. Our previous study indicated that phytosterol content and the ratio of campesterol to sitosterol fluctuated regularly in cotton fiber development. However, what effects of modified phytos ...
- Han, Mingyu, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- BMC plant biology 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 93
- Malus domestica; apples; cytokinins; flower buds; flowering; fructose; gene expression regulation; genes; gibberellins; glucose; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; orchards; signal transduction; sucrose; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transcriptomics; trees
- ... BACKGROUND: Insufficient production of flower buds is an intractable problem in ‘Fuji’ apple orchards. Although cytokinin (CK) promotes flower bud formation in apple trees, little is known about the mechanisms regulating this phenomenon. RESULTS: In the present study, high-throughput RNA sequencing (RNA-Seq) of ‘Nagafu No. 2’ buds was conducted to characterize the transcriptional response to 6-BA ...