Jump to Main Content
- Kassa, Mulualem T.; You, Frank M.; Hiebert, Colin W.; Pozniak, Curtis J.; Fobert, Pierre R.; Sharpe, Andrew G.; Menzies, James G.; Humphreys, D. Gavin; Rezac Harrison, Nicole; Fellers, John P.; McCallum, Brent D.; McCartney, Curt A.
- BMC plant biology 2017 v.17 no.1 pp. 45
- Puccinia recondita, etc ; Triticum aestivum; alleles; breeding lines; breeding programs; cultivars; genetic resistance; germ cells; leaf rust; loci; marker-assisted selection; phenotype; polymerase chain reaction; seedlings; single nucleotide polymorphism; telomeres; wheat; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Lr16 is a widely deployed leaf rust resistance gene in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) that is highly effective against the North American Puccinia triticina population when pyramided with the gene Lr34. Lr16 is a seedling leaf rust resistance gene conditioning an incompatible interaction with a distinct necrotic ring surrounding the uredinium. Lr16 was previously mapped to the telomeric ...
- PubMed Central:
- Peng, Fred Y; Yang, Rong-Cai
- BMC plant biology 2017 v.17 no.1 pp. 108
- Puccinia recondita, etc ; Triticum aestivum; adults; amino acids; breeding; chromosomes; disease resistance; genes; genetic markers; hexaploidy; horizontal resistance; leaf rust; pathogens; prediction; proteome; quantitative trait loci; races; seedlings; single nucleotide polymorphism; steroidogenic acute regulatory protein; wheat; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The resistance to leaf rust (Lr) caused by Puccinia triticina in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) has been well studied over the past decades with over 70 Lr genes being mapped on different chromosomes and numerous QTLs (quantitative trait loci) being detected or mapped using DNA markers. Such resistance is often divided into race-specific and race-nonspecific resistance. The race-nonspeci ...
- PubMed Central: