Jump to Main Content
- De Storme, Nico; Keçeli, Burcu Nur; Zamariola, Linda; Angenon, Geert; Geelen, Danny
- BMC plant biology 2016 v.16 no.1 pp. 1
- recombinant fusion proteins, etc ; Arabidopsis thaliana; chromocenters; chromosome number; diploidy; embryogenesis; endopolyploidy; females; gametophytes; gene expression regulation; germ cells; introgression; males; models; monitoring; mutants; plant development; seedlings; tissues; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The in vivo determination of the cell-specific chromosome number provides a valuable tool in several aspects of plant research. However, current techniques to determine the endosystemic ploidy level do not allow non-destructive, cell-specific chromosome quantification. Particularly in the gametophytic cell lineages, which are physically encapsulated in the reproductive organ structures ...
- PubMed Central:
- Suzuki, Kei; Yamaji, Naoki; Costa, Alex; Okuma, Eiji; Kobayashi, Natsuko I.; Kashiwagi, Tatsuhiko; Katsuhara, Maki; Wang, Cun; Tanoi, Keitaro; Murata, Yoshiyuki; Schroeder, Julian I.; Ma, Jian Feng; Horie, Tomoaki
- BMC plant biology 2016 v.16 no.1 pp. 22
- recombinant fusion proteins, etc ; Oryza sativa; RNA interference; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; Xenopus laevis; ammonium compounds; cations; cesium; cultivars; developmental stages; electrophysiology; leaves; lithium; oocytes; peduncle; phenotype; plasma membrane; potassium; protoplasts; rice; rubidium; salt stress; sodium; stems; transporters; vegetative growth; xylem; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Na⁺ exclusion from leaf blades is one of the key mechanisms for glycophytes to cope with salinity stress. Certain class I transporters of the high-affinity K⁺ transporter (HKT) family have been demonstrated to mediate leaf blade-Na⁺ exclusion upon salinity stress via Na⁺-selective transport. Multiple HKT1 transporters are known to function in rice (Oryza sativa). However, the ion trans ...
- PubMed Central: