Jump to Main Content
- Luo, Guangbin; Zhang, Xiaofei; Zhang, Yanlin; Yang, Wenlong; Li, Yiwen; Sun, Jiazhu; Zhan, Kehui; Zhang, Aimin; Liu, Dongcheng
- BMC plant biology 2015 v.15 no.1 pp. 68
- Aegilops tauschii, etc ; Triticum aestivum; Triticum urartu; center of origin; genes; genetic analysis; genotype; glutenins; hexaploidy; loci; molecular cloning; phylogeny; proteomics; wheat; Turkey (country); Show all 15 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Wheat (AABBDD, 2n = 6x = 42) is a major dietary component for many populations across the world. Bread-making quality of wheat is mainly determined by glutenin subunits, but it remains challenging to elucidate the composition and variation of low-molecular-weight glutenin subunits (LMW-GS) genes, the major components for glutenin subunits in hexaploid wheat. This problem, however, can ...
- PubMed Central:
- Cviková, Kateřina; Cattonaro, Federica; Alaux, Michael; Stein, Nils; Mayer, Klaus FX; Doležel, Jaroslav; Bartoš, Jan
- BMC plant biology 2015 v.15 no.1 pp. 99
- Aegilops tauschii, etc ; Brachypodium; DNA; DNA libraries; Oryza sativa; Sorghum bicolor; Triticum aestivum; bacterial artificial chromosomes; chromosome mapping; clones; data collection; genes; genetic markers; molecular cloning; nucleotide sequences; rice; wheat; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Physical maps created from large insert DNA libraries, typically cloned in BAC vector, are valuable resources for map-based cloning and de novo genome sequencing. The maps are most useful if contigs of overlapping DNA clones are anchored to chromosome(s), and ordered along them using molecular markers. Here we present a novel approach for anchoring physical maps, based on sequencing th ...
- PubMed Central: