Jump to Main Content
- Oldach, Klaus H; Peck, David M; Nair, Ramakrishnan M; Sokolova, Maria; Harris, John; Bogacki, Paul; Ballard, Ross
- BMC plant biology 2014 v.14 no.1 pp. 100
- Lotus corniculatus var. japonicus, etc ; Medicago littoralis; Pratylenchus neglectus; barley; breeding lines; chickpeas; crossing; cultivars; forage legumes; genes; host range; loci; microsatellite repeats; nitrogen; phenotypic variation; polymerase chain reaction; quantitative trait loci; rain; root lesion nematodes; root systems; single nucleotide polymorphism; soil; soybeans; wheat; Australia; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The nematode Pratylenchus neglectus has a wide host range and is able to feed on the root systems of cereals, oilseeds, grain and pasture legumes. Under the Mediterranean low rainfall environments of Australia, annual Medicago pasture legumes are used in rotation with cereals to fix atmospheric nitrogen and improve soil parameters. Considerable efforts are being made in breeding progra ...
- PubMed Central:
- Escaray, Francisco J; Passeri, Valentina; Babuin, Florencia M; Marco, Francisco; Carrasco, Pedro; Damiani, Francesco; Pieckenstain, Fernando L; Paolocci, Francesco; Ruiz, Oscar A
- BMC plant biology 2014 v.14 no.1 pp. 40
- Lotus corniculatus, etc ; Lotus glaber; biochemical pathways; biomass production; biosynthesis; catechin; diploidy; engineering; epicatechin; forage legumes; genetic variation; hybrids; interspecific hybridization; introgression; leaves; legumes; nutritive value; palatability; parents; pastures; proanthocyanidins; progeny; regulator genes; rhizomes; ruminants; secondary metabolites; structural genes; tissues; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; Spain; Show all 31 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Proanthocyanidins (PAs) are secondary metabolites that strongly affect plant quality traits. The concentration and the structure of these metabolites influence the palatability and nutritional value of forage legumes. Hence, modulating PAs in the leaves of forage legumes is of paramount relevance for forage breeders worldwide. The lack of genetic variation in the leaf PA trait within t ...
- PubMed Central: