Jump to Main Content
- Oldach, Klaus H; Peck, David M; Nair, Ramakrishnan M; Sokolova, Maria; Harris, John; Bogacki, Paul; Ballard, Ross
- BMC plant biology 2014 v.14 no.1 pp. 100
- Lotus corniculatus var. japonicus, etc ; Medicago littoralis; Pratylenchus neglectus; barley; breeding lines; chickpeas; crossing; cultivars; forage legumes; genes; host range; loci; microsatellite repeats; nitrogen; phenotypic variation; polymerase chain reaction; quantitative trait loci; rain; root lesion nematodes; root systems; single nucleotide polymorphism; soil; soybeans; wheat; Australia; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The nematode Pratylenchus neglectus has a wide host range and is able to feed on the root systems of cereals, oilseeds, grain and pasture legumes. Under the Mediterranean low rainfall environments of Australia, annual Medicago pasture legumes are used in rotation with cereals to fix atmospheric nitrogen and improve soil parameters. Considerable efforts are being made in breeding progra ...
- PubMed Central:
- Leonforte, Antonio; Sudheesh, Shimna; Cogan, Noel OI; Salisbury, Philip A; Nicolas, Marc E; Materne, Michael; Forster, John W; Kaur, Sukhjiwan
- BMC plant biology 2013 v.13 no.1 pp. 161
- Lotus corniculatus var. japonicus, etc ; seedling growth; Cajanus cajan; pigeon peas; developmental stages; normal distribution; Pisum sativum; Cicer arietinum; genetic markers; quantitative trait loci; microsatellite repeats; marker-assisted selection; diploidy; peas; linkage groups; parents; genotyping; crop production; cultivars; Glycine max; chickpeas; chromosome mapping; inbred lines; progeny; sodium chloride; salt stress; self-pollination; single nucleotide polymorphism; salt tolerance; stress tolerance; salinity; soybeans; expressed sequence tags; genomics; Medicago truncatula; Show all 35 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Field pea (Pisum sativum L.) is a self-pollinating, diploid, cool-season food legume. Crop production is constrained by multiple biotic and abiotic stress factors, including salinity, that cause reduced growth and yield. Recent advances in genomics have permitted the development of low-cost high-throughput genotyping systems, allowing the construction of saturated genetic linkage maps ...
- PubMed Central: