Jump to Main Content
- Niemelä, Tytti M.; Tulamo, Riitta-Mari; Aaltonen, Kaisa; Sankari, Satu M.; Hielm-Björkman, Anna K.
- BMC veterinary research 2018 v.14 no.1 pp. 186
- synovial fluid, etc ; adverse effects; anesthesia; biomarkers; chondroitin sulfate; clinical trials; collagen; epitopes; genetic markers; horses; hyaluronic acid; inflammation; leukocyte count; placebos; prostaglandins; sodium chloride; substance P; veterinary medicine; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Inflammatory and degenerative activity inside the joint can be studied in vivo via analysis of synovial fluid (SF) biomarkers, which are molecular markers of inflammatory processes and tissue turnover. The aim of this study was to investigate the response of selected biomarkers in the SF after an intra-articular (IA) high-molecular-weight non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid (NASHA) t ...
- PubMed Central:
- Schmidli, Manuel R.; Fuhrer, Bettina; Kurt, Nadine; Senn, David; Drögemüller, Michaela; Rytz, Ulrich; Spreng, David E.; Forterre, Simone
- BMC veterinary research 2018 v.14 no.1 pp. 161
- synovial fluid, etc ; T-lymphocytes; adiponectin; adipose tissue; cranial cruciate ligament; dogs; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; flow cytometry; gene expression; genes; inducible nitric oxide synthase; inflammation; interleukin-10; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; interleukin-8; leptin; macrophages; osteoarthritis; pathogenesis; phenotype; protein content; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; secretion; stifle; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; veterinary medicine; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Despite the importance of inflammation during the pathogenesis of cranial cruciate ligament disease (CCLD) in dogs and despite the latest knowledge suggesting a significant role of adipose tissue in osteoarthritis, the infrapatellar fat pad (IFP) was up to now mostly disregarded in veterinary investigations. In the present study, the inflammatory activity of the IFP, the main adipose s ...
- PubMed Central: