Jump to Main Content
- Niwa, Hidekazu, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- BMC veterinary research 2019 v.15 no.1 pp. 133
- Burkholderia mallei; Burkholderia pseudomallei; Burkholderia thailandensis; Gram-negative bacteria; agar; blood; fungi; glanders; horses; laboratory diagnosis; nasal cavity; selective media; zoonoses
- ... BACKGROUND: Burkholderia mallei is a Gram-negative bacterium that causes glanders, a zoonotic disease, especially in equine populations (e.g. horses, donkeys, and mules). B. mallei usually grows slowly on most culture media, and this property makes it difficult to isolate from clinical specimens. One of the problems is that B. mallei is easily overgrown by other bacteria, especially in animal spec ...
- Niwa, Hidekazu, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- BMC veterinary research 2017 v.13 no.1 pp. 187
- Getah virus; epizootic diseases; monitoring; racehorses; sequence analysis; seroprevalence; swine; viruses; Japan
- ... BACKGROUND: We studied a recent epizootic of Getah virus infection among pigs in the southern part of Ibaraki Prefecture and the northern part of Chiba Prefecture, Japan, focusing on its possible association with outbreaks in racehorses in 2014 and 2015. The genomic sequence of a Getah virus strain from an infected pig was analyzed to evaluate the degree of identity with the strains from horses. R ...
- PubMed Central: