Jump to Main Content
- Sako, Kgomotso; Rensburg, Ilse jv; Clift, Sarah; Naidoo, Vinny
- BMC veterinary research 2017 v.13 no.1 pp. 262
- excretory-secretory products, etc ; Caenorhabditis; Canidae; Spirocerca lupi; Sus scrofa; acetone; adults; chronic exposure; culture media; dogs; esophagus; ethyl acetate; ex vivo studies; fibroblasts; hexane; mass spectrometry; methanol; mice; neoplasms; parasites; parasitism; protein products; thoracic cavity; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Spirocerca lupi is a nematode that parasitizes vertebrates in particular canids, by forming nodules in the thoracic cavity specifically in the oesophagus. In 25% of Spirocerca infections of the domestic dog, nodules progress from inflammatory to pre-neoplastic to sarcomatous neoplasia. With the mechanism of neoplastic transformation being incompletely understood, this study investigate ...
- PubMed Central:
- Wang, Ying; Xiao, Di; Shen, Yujuan; Han, Xiuming; Zhao, Fei; Li, Xiaohong; Wu, Weiping; Zhou, Hejun; Zhang, Jianzhong; Cao, Jianping
- BMC veterinary research 2015 v.11 no.1 pp. 119
- excretory-secretory products, etc ; Echinococcus granulosus; Western blotting; adults; desorption; dog diseases; dogs; echinococcosis; helminths; host-parasite relationships; human diseases; humans; intestines; ionization; livestock; proteomics; two-dimensional gel electrophoresis; vaccination; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Cystic echinococcosis, which is caused by Echinococcus granulosus, is one of the most widespread zoonotic helminth diseases that affects humans and livestock. Dogs, which harbor adult worms in their small intestines, are a pivotal source of E. granulosus infection in humans and domestic animals. Therefore, novel molecular approaches for the prevention and diagnosis of this parasite inf ...
- PubMed Central: