Jump to Main Content
- Brunet, Jörg, et al. Show all 22 Authors
- Basic and applied ecology 2018
- agricultural land; deciduous forests; ecosystem services; forest ecosystems; forest management; functional properties; habitat fragmentation; herbs; landscapes; leaf area; plant communities; plant height; prediction; seed weight; temperate forests; temperature; understory; Europe
- ... Global environmental changes are expected to alter the functional characteristics of understorey herb-layer communities, potentially affecting forest ecosystem functioning. However, little is known about what drives the variability of functional traits in forest understories. Here, we assessed the role of different environmental drivers in shaping the functional trait distribution of understorey h ...
- Brunet, Jörg, et al. Show all 28 Authors
- Basic and applied ecology 2018 v.30 pp. 52-64
- climatic factors; edaphic factors; forest ecosystems; forests; managers; overstory; plant communities; prediction; soil quality; surveys; temporal variation; trees; understory; Europe
- ... Understorey plant communities play a key role in the functioning of forest ecosystems. Under favourable environmental conditions, competitive understorey species may develop high abundances and influence important ecosystem processes such as tree regeneration. Thus, understanding and predicting the response of competitive understorey species as a function of changing environmental conditions is im ...