Jump to Main Content
- van Klinken, R.D.; White, A.J.
- Basic and applied ecology 2014 v.15 no.7 pp. 581-589
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Algarobius; Prosopis; biological control agents; invasive species; pods; seed predation; seeds; trees; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Most seed predation studies focus on either pre- or post-dispersal predation and may therefore underestimate the role of predation in regulating plant populations. We therefore estimated total seed predation of an invasive tree, mesquite (Leguminoseae: Prosopis spp.), by examining the entire seed pool from tree to seed bank. The spatio-temporal dynamics of total seed predation was examined by samp ...
- Beltrà, A.; Pekas, A.; Soto, A.; Tena, A.
- Basic and applied ecology 2014 v.15 no.7 pp. 625-632
- multivoltine habit, etc ; biological control; eggs; females; hosts; males; models; mortality; mothers; parasitic wasps; pest control; prediction; progeny; scale insects; sex allocation; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Models based on sex allocation theory predict that when the fitness gains from larger size differ between male and female offspring, mothers should produce the sex that will offer the greatest investment return. Behavioral studies on parasitoid wasps have confirmed predictions of models, which additionally have practical implications because of their relevance in biological control. We investigate ...