Jump to Main Content
- Rose, Andreas; Wöhl, Saskia; Bechler, Jan; Tschapka, Marco; Knörnschild, Mirjam
- Behavioural processes 2019 v.165 pp. 29-35
- Glossophaga; adults; breast milk; diet; feeding behavior; lactation; learning; mammals; mothers; mouth; nectar; nutrients; ontogeny; progeny; pups
- ... In addition to breast milk, several mammals feed their offspring with primary food items. This provisioning can offer both energetic and informational benefits: young might use parentally provided food as a source of nutrients, but also as a valuable option to socially learn about adults’ food. For bats, there are only very few and partially anecdotal reports of adults feeding their pups with prim ...
- Urrutia, Andrea; Martínez-Byer, Sandra; Szenczi, Péter; Hudson, Robyn; Bánszegi, Oxána
- Behavioural processes 2019 v.165 pp. 58-65
- Felis silvestris; adults; animal rescue shelters; cats; pets; vocalization; Hungary; Mexico
- ... The behavioural assessment of individual animals in stressful situations should consider measures which are consistent across repeated testing, and therefore truly representative of an individual's behaviour. Here we report a study conducted on 40 neutered adult cats (Felis silvestris catus) of both sexes, originating from two animal shelters in Mexico and Hungary. We recorded the responses of the ...