Jump to Main Content
- Siviter, Harry; Deeming, D. Charles; Wilkinson, Anna
- Behavioural processes 2019 v.165 pp. 9-13
- Pogona vitticeps; cold; egg incubation; eggs; embryogenesis; foraging; juveniles; life history; lizards; temperature
- ... After laying their eggs, oviparous reptiles are reliant on the external environment to provide the required incubation conditions for successful embryonic development. Egg incubation temperature can impact the behaviour of various species of reptiles, but previous experiments have focused on the impact of incubation environment on hatchlings, with only a limited number of studies focussing on the ...
- Alma, Andrea Marina; Farji-Brener, Alejandro G.; Elizalde, Luciana
- Behavioural processes 2019 v.165 pp. 36-43
- Atta cephalotes; Phoridae; defensive behavior; foraging; group behavior; insect behavior; leaf-cutting ants; parasitoids; probability
- ... Being social adds another level of defence for organisms: social defences. Beside individual defensive behaviours, social organisms can limit parasite infections by using collective and collaborative behaviours. We evaluated whether the social defence of the leaf-cutting ant Atta cephalotes is specific against phorid parasitoids and the occurrence of collaborative responses depends on the context, ...