Jump to Main Content
- Li, Yi; Jiang, Qiuyue; Fan, Sining; Sun, Na; Li, Xiao Dong; Zheng, Yan
- Behavioural processes 2019 v.165 pp. 44-50
- Eriocheir sinensis; aggression; breeding; breeding programs; crab culture; crabs; juveniles
- ... To assess how variable is the aggressive behavior among families (A, B, and C) and the experience effect of fighting among juvenile Chinese mitten crab (Eriocheir sinensis), we performed a total of 36 pairs of intrafamily and interfamily contests between three families of Eriocheir sinensis, qualifying and quantifying their aggressive acts and 13 pairs of winners within family and between family A ...
- Siviter, Harry; Deeming, D. Charles; Wilkinson, Anna
- Behavioural processes 2019 v.165 pp. 9-13
- Pogona vitticeps; cold; egg incubation; eggs; embryogenesis; foraging; juveniles; life history; lizards; temperature
- ... After laying their eggs, oviparous reptiles are reliant on the external environment to provide the required incubation conditions for successful embryonic development. Egg incubation temperature can impact the behaviour of various species of reptiles, but previous experiments have focused on the impact of incubation environment on hatchlings, with only a limited number of studies focussing on the ...