Jump to Main Content
- Ghirlanda, Stefano
- Behavioural processes 2018 v.154 pp. 36-44
- conditioned behavior; learning; models
- ... Building on the work of Ralph Miller and coworkers (Miller and Matzel, 1988; Denniston et al., 2001; Stout and Miller, 2007), I propose a new formalization of the comparator hypothesis that seeks to overcome some shortcomings of existing formalizations. The new model, dubbed ecco for “Error-Correcting COmparisons,” retains the comparator process and the learning of CS–CS associations based on cont ...
- Richardson, Rachel A.; Michener, Paige N.; Schachtman, Todd R.
- Behavioural processes 2018 v.154 pp. 13-20
- conditioned behavior; learning; taste
- ... When a target conditioned stimulus (CS A) is paired with an unconditioned stimulus in the presence of a second, conditioned stimulus (CS B) during compound conditioning trials, the associative strength of CS B can influence the magnitude of the conditioned response (CR) to CS A. For example, extinction of the competing, nontarget CS B can influence the CR to CS A. An enhancement of the CR to the t ...