Jump to Main Content
- Alfaro, Felipe; Mallea, Jorge; Laborda, Mario A.; Cañete, Aracelli; Miguez, Gonzalo
- Behavioural processes 2018 v.154 pp. 52-59
- classical conditioning; direct contact; extinction
- ... An occasion setter (OS) is a stimulus or context with the capacity to disambiguate an ambiguous conditioned stimulus (CS). Previous research has shown that OSs share some features with regular Pavlovian CSs. Amongst them, research has shown that OSs are subject to blocking; that is, a new OS exerts reduced behavioral control after training in compound with a previously established OS. Of additiona ...
- Blaisdell, Aaron P.; Schroeder, Julia E.; Fast, Cynthia D.
- Behavioural processes 2018 v.154 pp. 73-80
- cognition; extinction; pigeons
- ... We’ve shown that pigeons can integrate separately acquired spatial maps into a cognitive map. Integration requires an element shared between maps. In two experiments using a spatial-search task in pigeons, we test spatial combination rules when no shared element was present during training. In all three experiments, pigeons first learned individual landmark-target maps. In subsequent tests involvi ...