Jump to Main Content
- Cazorla, Francisco M.; Mercado-Blanco, Jesús
- BioControl 2016 v.61 no.3 pp. 233-242
- agroecosystems; annuals; bacteria; biological control; biomass; crops; disease control; environmental sustainability; forestry; fungi; longevity; mycoviruses; plant diseases and disorders; trees; woody plants
- ... The social demand for novel, sustainable and environment friendly approaches, while ensuring the health and productivity of our crops, is increasingly growing. Research on biological control of tree/woody crop diseases is scarce compared to that conducted on herbaceous, annual plants. In addition to their large biomass, complicated anatomy, longevity and perennial nature, peculiarities in the mana ...
- Prospero, Simone; Rigling, Daniel
- BioControl 2016 v.61 no.3 pp. 313-323
- Castanea; Cryphonectria parasitica; Hypovirus; biological control; biological control agents; fungi; genetic markers; mycoviruses; sequence analysis; sporulation; tree diseases; virulence; Switzerland
- ... Chestnut blight, caused by the invasive fungus Cryphonectria parasitica, is one of the few tree diseases in Europe for which biological control is possible. The fungus may be infected by a mycovirus that reduces its virulence and sporulation capacity. In this study, we used molecular markers to assess the establishment and dissemination of the Cryphonectria hypovirus (CHV1) after its release as a ...