Jump to Main Content
- Cazorla, Francisco M.; Mercado-Blanco, Jesús
- BioControl 2016 v.61 no.3 pp. 233-242
- agroecosystems; annuals; bacteria; biological control; biomass; crops; disease control; environmental sustainability; forestry; fungi; longevity; mycoviruses; plant diseases and disorders; trees; woody plants
- ... The social demand for novel, sustainable and environment friendly approaches, while ensuring the health and productivity of our crops, is increasingly growing. Research on biological control of tree/woody crop diseases is scarce compared to that conducted on herbaceous, annual plants. In addition to their large biomass, complicated anatomy, longevity and perennial nature, peculiarities in the mana ...
- Pinto, Cátia; Gomes, Ana Catarina
- BioControl 2016 v.61 no.3 pp. 243-256
- Vitis vinifera; biological control; case studies; crops; environmental factors; microbial ecology; microbiome; microorganisms; pathogens; plant growth; plant health; woody plants
- ... Plants naturally harbours a complex microbial ecosystem or plant microbiome, as neutral, beneficial or pathogens microorganisms, that are in a close interaction with the plant. The balance of these interactions is a key element for plant health, plant growth and productivity although several factors as ecological and environmental factors represents important drivers of the microorganism’s communi ...